Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world.
Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity™, Fargo®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com
HID Global seeks a Manufacturing Engineering Manger to be an integral member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager contributes to the success of HID by ensuring new products are effectively brought through the industrialization phase, participate in Value Analysis and Value Engineering of our products and processes, and provide product and process sustaining support at our contract manufactures (CM) and fulfillment centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage New Product Introduction transitions from design to production at our global Manufacturing/Distribution sites.
• Drive continuous improvement and standardization efforts at our Mfg/Distribution sites to improve yields and reduce costs
• Engage in the typical responsibilities of a manager including planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
• Responsible for approving and overseeing the design of manufacturing processes, Fixtures/Tooling and Test Equipment for all manufacturing systems and locations.
Required Knowledge / Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
• 7-10+ years of Engineering/Mfg Engineering Experience is required
• Supervisory/Managerial experience of a multi-discipline team is required
• Masters of Business Administration is preferred
• Experience with design/manufacturing of electro-mechanical products is required
• Experience with offshore contract manufacturer’s is preferred
• Experience with RFID is preferred
• Green Belt certification or experience in implementing/analyzing SPC controls is desired
• Experience working with Lean Mfg tools and methodologies is preferred
• Experience in leading/implementing Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) projects is desired
• Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
• Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver
• Must be a champion of change. Capable of proposing & implementing new ideas regarding simplification and improvement to business processes
• Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple priorities at once
• Must be able to manage virtual teams
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution
• Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Some travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be
able to acquire, a valid passport.
• No relocation package is offered for this position