Dell Mobile Security Solutions
Adding Logical Access to your pc has never been easier! HID Global and Dell have joined forces to simplify security for the mobile workforce!
Dell® is offering users easy “options” to add contactless smart card technology to several new Dell Laptop models! Users can easily and efficiently add an embedded contactless smart card reader to select Select Dell® Latitude and Precision laptops. The readers support HID iCLASS® credential as well as other ISO complaint and standard industry contactless smart card readers. By simply selecting the available contactless smart card reader option to your order, the embedded contactless smart card reader will arrived built-in and ready for immediate use
Fingerprint and Contactless Smartcard Reader
This system comes with a standard smartcard slot. Select the fingerprint reader and contactless smart card reader option to purchase an addition swipe smartcard reader.
Dell simplifies IT security by removing cost and complexity associated with the prevention of unauthorized access to laptops and associated data. When using iCLASS®cards, laptop users will be able to take advantage of your Dell DDPA or DCP Pre-Boot Authentication. Upon turning on the laptop, the user will present their iCLASS®card to the contactless smart card reader located in the laptop’s palm rest. A valid card presentation and use of an ATM-like PIN will allow the laptop to boot up.
Also available is HID naviGO software which:
- Increases security with the use of two-factor authentication (iCLASS® card and PIN) to securely authenticate to Windows® XP or Windows Vista.
- Enhances convenience with "Tap In - Tap Out" functionality to easily lock and unlock the workstation.
- Reduces help desk calls by allowing users to manage their own credential through a self-service portal to do: PIN reset, PIN unblock, and knowledge based authentication.
In addition to having an integrated contact smart card reader, users can quickly and easily select the contactless smart card reader option and immediately reap the benefits of securing their latptop. The contactless reader option is a build-to-order option that is available on select models of Dell Latitude and Precision laptops. (see chart for model numbers)
By selecting an available contactless smart card reader option, your new laptop can be delivered with an embedded contactless smart card reader that supports multiple ISO-compliant and industry standard cards, including iCLASS by HID.
HID and Dell also make it easy for organizations of any size to take advantage of the security and convenience of using a contactless card for secure authentication to existing laptops and PCs. By using naviGO software, peripheral smart card readers, and iCLASS cards, organizations can cost-effectively implement secure authentication throughout the organization.
- To learn more about how you can use your HID physical access card for secure authentication to Dell laptops, contact HID at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To learn more about the security features offered in Dell Latitude and Precision laptops and how they address the needs of the mobile workforce, view a recent web cast found at: http://dell.awakit-webcasts.com/index/webcastsList/series id/5lang/en/
- For more information on Dell security solutions or Dell® laptops, visit Dell at www.dell.com/security.
Get Pre-Boot Authentication (PBA)!
Take advantage of Dell Pre-Boot Authentication (PBA). Turn on your Dell Latitude E-Family laptop and present the contactless smart card to the contactless smart card reader located in the palm rest. Use of an ATM-like PIN will allow the laptop to boot up.
Use your contactless smart card by requesting the Dell Pre-Boot Authentication Application Note. Or, request a free iCLASS contactless smart card and the Application Note.
Download your DDPA or DCP Pre-Boot Authentication (PBA) Application Notes Now!