Colleges & Universities
Physical and logical access control for colleges and universities
Colleges and universities present unique security challenges; not only does it mean controlling physical access to buildings and events but also includes logical access to networks and sensitive information, at the same time trying to control operational costs and serving the diverse needs of a campus community.
For more than a decade, colleges and universities around the world have depended on HID Global –primarily our proximity card technology – to protect their campuses with powerful and effective access control solutions.
Throughout your college and universities, ID campus cards based on HID iCLASS contactless smart card technology can be streamlined to perform multiple functions into one secure card. These include:
- Physical access to classrooms, labs, offices, residence halls and recreational facilities
- Logical access to workstations, networks and information
- Identification for library checkout, transportation and other services
- Cashless transactions for food service, vending machines and laundry
- Debit card transactions in partnership with financial institutions