HDP8500 Industrial Card Printer/Encoder
for extended-run, high throughput ID issuance.
The FARGO HDP8500 is the superior industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput ID personalization and issuance. It's especially suited for large government ID card programs and laborious service bureau conditions, as well as demanding university and large enterprise environments.
Solid metal cabinetry and precision-engineered interior components create a stable printer environment that operates reliably over continuous runs. In fact, the HDP8500 is loaded with features that maximize card yield per shift: multi-card processing capabilities, 400-card input hopper capacity, accessible card path and graphical touch screen interface, and built-in physical and electronic security features. These features are all designed to ensure continuous production, even in the most demanding environments. Combined with the included FARGO Workbench diagnostic utility facilitates printer maintenance. Its Color Assist tool matches spot colors, ensuring accurate prints of graphics such as company logos.
The Printer/Encoder is the heart of the FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Series Personalization System. Combine it with the interoperable Lamination module and the all-new HDP8500LE Laser Engraver to enable the seamless integration of ID card printing, encoding, laser engraving and laminating into one machine, empowering card-issuing organizations to efficiently, reliably and securely produce multi-layered, secure credentials in a single pass through the system.
For high duty-cycle performance, the FARGO HDP8500 delivers:
- System reliability over continuous runs
- High-volume card throughput for maximum yields per shift
- Operational convenience to optimize uptime
- Issuance security that meets industry standards
- Government-to-citizen IDs:
- Driver Licenses
- National IDs
- Border crossing cards
- Voter registration
- Service bureau ID production
- University student ID/payment cards
- Print Method: HDP dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Print Platform: Standard, dual-sided printing
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm)
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million/256 shades per pixel
- Print Speed (batch mode): Up to 1200 cards per shift/24 seconds per card (YMC with transfer)
- Accepted Card Sizes: CR-80
- Dual Input Card Hoppers: (2) 200-card hoppers; Total capacity 400 cards
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: (1) 200-card hopper
- Field-upgradeable Options:
- Laser Engraving
- Card Lamination Module - dual-sided (simultaneous)
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless)
- Custom secure holographic HDP Film and overlaminate
- Secure proprietary consumables system
- Andon production status light
- iCLASS® programming platform kit
- ISO Card Flattener
HDP8500LE Laser Engraver – NEW
The new FARGO® HDP8500LE Industrial Card Laser Engraver integrates seamlessly with the HDP8500 printer/encoder and lamination modules, enabling increased credential and organizational security by combining high security laser-engraved personalization with superior High Definition Printing™ (HDP®).
HDP Lamination Module
Add both durability and security to photo ID cards with the field-upgradeable HDP8500 Lamination Module. Clear or holographic overlaminate material is printed onto both sides of the card simultaneously, for rapid production of higher durability, longer-life ID credentials.
Custom Secure Holographic HDP Materials
Protect cards from tampering and cardholders from identity theft with a custom holographic design. Holographic HDP Film and overlaminates created to an organization’s specifications deliver high levels of protection that are difficult to forge, yet easy to authenticate.
Andon Production Status Light
The HDP8500’s optional andon lighting system provides operators with visual remote printer status feedback. This field-upgradeable alert system increases operator convenience across large, secure printing environments.
UltraCard® Premium ID Cards
Durable UltraCard Premium ID cards are optimized for FARGO HDP card printers and laminators.