HDP8500LE Industrial Card Laser Engraver
into industrial-class, high throughput ID issuance systems.
The new FARGO® HDP8500LE Industrial Card Laser Engraver from HID Global integrates seamlessly with the HDP8500 printer/encoder and lamination modules, enabling increased credential and organizational security by combining high security laser-engraved personalization with superior High Definition Printing™ (HDP®).
Leveraging the most versatile laser engraving technology in card identity systems, HID's HDP8500LE introduces multiple personalization attributes, making forgery and manipulation virtually impossible. Attempts to alter engraved information will result in visible card damage.
The HDP8500LE uses superior HID Global technology to engrave permanent, unalterable data into cards that demand the highest level of security.
- Government-to-citizen IDs:
- Driver Licenses
- National IDs
- Border crossing cards
- Voter registration
- Service bureau ID production
- University student ID/payment cards
HDP8500LE Laser Engraver Specifications
- Warranty: Printer: 3 years; Laser module: 2 years; Laser diode: 5,000 hours
- Laser Type: 12W air cooled DPSS laser
- Laser Personalization Types: Subsurface and tactile laser engraving; microtext; MLI/CLI
- Communication Interface: Optional Ethernet LAN
- Registration Capability: Camera Vision System
- Laser Speed: Up to 2300 cards per 8-hour shift depending on card coverage of laser data
- Power Input: 100-240 VAC, 8.5 A MAX, 50 Hz - 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 13.5" H x 15.0" W x 14.0" D (343mmH x 381mmW x 356mmD)
- Dimensions and Weight (printer) 15.5" H x 28.2" W x 14.0" D (394mmH x 716mmW x 356mmD); 61 lbs / 27.7 kg
- Dimensions and Weight (engraver) 20.5" H x 10.0" W x 20.0" D (521mmH x 254mmW x 508mmD); 88 lbs / 40.0 kg
- Dimensions and Weight (laminator) 13.5" H x 15.0" W x 14.0" D (343mmH x 381mmW x 356mmD); 29 lbs / 13.2 kg
- System Security Standards
- Password Protection
- Lockable Housings
- Network Data Encryption
- Supported Software Drivers: Windows® XP / Server 2003 / Vista (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) / 7 (32 & 64 bit); Mac OS X v10.4 / v10.5; and Linux
- Card Standards
- Materials: Polycarbonate cards recommended; accepts ABS, PC, PET, PETG, composite
- Card Size: CR-80 only
- Card Thickness: 30 mil to 50 mil (0.762 mm to 1.27 mm)
Asure ID Exchange Card Personalization Software
The perfect accompaniment to the FARGO HDP8500LE, Asure ID provides a single, intuitive interface for managing data and issuing credentials, including simultaneous printing, encoding, engraving and lamination. The available Asure ID Software Development Kit (SDK) enables integration into any credential management system.
HDP8500 Industrial Card Printer/Encoder
The FARGO HDP8500 is the superior industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput ID personalization and issuance. Solid metal cabinetry and precision-engineered interior components create a stable printer environment that operates reliably over continuous runs.
HDP Lamination Module
Add both durability and security to photo ID cards with the field-upgradeable HDP8500 Lamination Module. Clear or holographic overlaminate material is printed onto both sides of the card simultaneously, for rapid production of higher durability, longer-life ID credentials.