ActivID® CMS Appliance
to facilities, networks, systems, workstations and cloud-based applications.
The ActivID® Credential Management System enables the rapid issuance, reissuance and revocation of Smart Chip-enabled credentials. With the ActivID Credential Management System, organizations can quickly and easily deploy the Identity Assurance solution they need to increase the confidence they have in their users’ identity and secure access to their facilities, networks, systems and cloud-based applications.
The foundation of an effective Identity Assurance solution lies in the integrity of the credential, which means the lifecycle of that credential, including issuing, upgrading and disabling it, must be handled with a high level of security. The Credential Management System (CMS) Appliance reduces the risk of network breaches, compliance problems and financial liabilities with standards-based, proven Smart Card strong authentication.
Organizations can use the ActivID Credential Management System to:
- Increase security - make the most common form of network breach - credential theft - virtually impossible; support multi-factor authentication deployments; leverage proven personal key infrastructure (PKI) security; reduce the risk of Advanced Persistent Threats by replacing Active Directory passwords with digital certificates and private securely stored on the user’s authentication device.
- Improve productivity - efficient credential management; simplified and convenient strong authentication user experience enables users to get the secure access they need, whenever they need it.
- Reduce costs - with one universal credential; and faster deploying appliances.
The ActivID Credential Management System simplifies the issuance and administration of Smart Chip-enabled devices to extend the adoption and effectiveness of multi-factor authentication to secure access to facilities, networks, systems and cloud-based applications. The ActivID Credential Management System supports:
- Preconfigured best-practice deployments and a wizard for rapid integration with an organization’s environment and accelerated deployment of Smart Card-enabled devices; pre-installed profiles support a range of authentication device form factors, so organizations have a wide range of choices to suit their needs.
- SecureLogin Single Sign On to simplify user access to resources.
- Integration: with a wide variety of operating systems, directories, front- or back-end identity management and provisioning systems, certificate authorities, and physical access control systems.
- Personalization of preloaded Smart Cards can be done in less than two minutes by an administrator or a user via a self-help portal.
- A fully integrated hardware security module (HSM) secures the management of user credentials.
- A local certificate authority to create digital certificates stored on the user Smart Card.