R15 Reader 6140
Mullion Smart Card Reader
- iCLASS® smart card readers offer an open architecture design permitting compatibility with many of the most popular cards in the market, which comply with ISO 14443A, 14443B, and 15693 interoperability standards. Regional compatibilities include US Government PIVII (FIPS201), offering one of the most flexible smart card reader platforms available.
- iCLASS smart card readers are user-friendly, delivering the same convenience and reliability of our Prox technology, for which HID is known worldwide, with state-of-the-art features, driven by evolving industry requirements.
- Upgrading from Prox to iCLASS technology has never been so simple. All iCLASS smart card readers provide the same wiring connections, low-current consumption, and 5 to 16-volt operation as our Prox readers. Additionally, you can transfer your Prox format and user identification numbers to iCLASS credentials, making the change completely transparent to your access controller.
- The R15 reader was specifically designed to assist customers with the transition from the popular HID MiniProx® and other mullion mounted reader form factors. It features the same mounting dimensions as the MiniProx to allow for an easy direct replacement.
- Format Portability - Upgrading is completely transparent since the same Prox format and user identification numbers are brought across to your future iCLASS credentials, including HID Corporate 1000 formats.
- Secure - All RF data transmission between the card and reader is encrypted using secure algorithms. Additionally, security can be is extended from the reader all the way to the Hi-O enabled access control panel using encrypted Hi-O communication (Hi-O hardware option).
- Interoperability - iCLASS is based on international ISO interoperability standards providing compatibility with many popular card technologies (ISO15693, ISO14443A and ISO14443B).
- OSDP Compliant – Bi-directional multi-dropped communication over RS485 link. For use only with HADP/OSDP compliant panels/hosts (HADP hardware option).
Typical Maximum Read Range*
iCLASS® Card: Up to 3.5” (8.9 cm)
iCLASS Key/Tag : Up to 1.5” (3.8 cm)
1.9” x 6.0” x 0.9” (4.8 cm x 15.3 cm x 2.3 cm)
Card Compatibilities include:
Secure Data Read
- iCLASS 2kbits , 16kbits, 32Kbits
- Inside Contactless PicoPass, PicoTag
- Philips DESFire. SmartMX™
- ISO15693: TI Tag-It, Philips I Code, Infineon myd o
- ISO14443A: Philips Ultralight, MIFARE, DESFire, SmartMX
- ISO14443B: Inside MicroPass, Calypso, ASK
- Sony FeliCa™ IDm (requires Transit reader p/n 6149)
- CEPAS CAN or CSN (requires Transit reader p/n 6149)
*Dependent upon installation environment