The RPK40 is a multi-technology card reader designed for customers upgrading their current card system from HID Prox to iCLASS® credentials. With the RPK40 reader, the customer has the ability to transition to smart cards over time while incorporating the use of multiple card technologies within a single building or across multiple facilities.
With the RPK40 multiCLASS™ reader, you get enhanced security through mutual authentication and data encryption.
Only the multiCLASS family of products provides true iCLASS security, the ease of Prox, the power of smart cards and the confidence of choosing HID, the worldwide leader in access control.
- Simple Migration - from the most popular proximity technologies to iCLASS®
- Open Architecture Design - allows project specific formats and keys Powerful Options - Provides flexible options for processing multi-technology cards and configuring the reader's audio/visual characteristics
- All HID Card Formats Carryover
125kHz – HID, Indala, EM4102 or AWID proximity
13.56MHz – iCLASS, ISO 15693 CSN (MyD, ICODE, Tag it), ISO 14443A CSN (MIFARE, DESFire), US Government PIV, ISO 14443B CSN, FeliCa™ IDm, CEPAS CAN or CSN
Typical Read Range
iCLASS Card: 3.5 - 4.25" (9.0 - 11.0 cm)
iCLASS Key/Tag: 1.0 - 1.5" (2.5 - 4.0cm)
HID Prox ISO Card: 2.5 - 3.5" (6.5 - 9.0 cm)
HID Prox Clamshell Card: 3.5 - 4.0" (9.0 - 10.0 cm)
HID Prox Keyfob/Tag: 1.25 - 1.75" (3.2 - 4.5 cm)
Indala Proximity ISO Card: 1.5 - 2.0" (4.0 - 5.0 cm)
Indala Proximity Clamshell Card: 1.75 - 2.25" (4.5 - 5.5 cm)
Indala Proximity Keyfob/Tag: 1.0 - 1.25" (2.5 - 3.2 cm)
3.3” x 4.8” x 1.05” (8.4 cm x 12.2 cm x 2.7 cm)
125 kHz Proximity
- HID or Indala proximity cards, key fobs, and tags.
- AWID Credentials
- EM4102 Credentials
13.56 MHz contactless smart cards
- ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials; serial number
- ISO 14443A – read only; MIFARE and DESFire® (serial number) iCLASS
- ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials, serial number
- US Government PIV (Rev B Reader Only)
- FeliCa IDm, CEPAS CAN/CSN (Transit Reader Only)
A variety of keypad outputs are available. Options include outputs of 4-bit, 8-bit (Dorado), 4-bit with parity, 26-bit output, 4-keys with parity and local pin verify.
Lifetime. Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for life. (See complete warranty policy for details.)