to secure access to resources.
The ActivID® Appliance supports the choices that enable organizations to strike the right balance between security, cost and convenience to meet their business objectives. Offering a multitude of authentication methods, organizations have the versatility they need to deploy risk appropriate security that effectively protects all their network, system and cloud-based applications.
The ActivID® Appliance ensures organizations have the security they need to stay ahead of the ever-changing threat landscape, without disrupting a user’s workflow and productivity. Templates and easy-to-define policies simplify Identity Authentication and enable organizations to quickly deploy an authentication solution that best matches their needs. As a result, organizations can use the ActivID® Appliance to:
- Decrease risk: securely connect users via robust multi-factor authentication to inhibit breaches.
- Reduce costs: a single appliance capable of meeting an organization’s versatile, multi-layered authentication requirements; extend value of single device to secure smart phone, tablet, laptop and PC access to VPNs, Web portals and cloud-based applications.
- Increase productivity: seamless integrate into workflows by enabling users to securely connect from any location, at any time, via their preferred smart phone, browser or computer, with a variety of authentication methods.
The ActivID® Appliance gives organizations what they need to be confident in their user’s identity to grant them secure access to all their network, system and cloud-based applications. The comprehensive ActivID® Appliance gives organizations a way to secure access conveniently and cost-effectively. Organizations can benefit from the appliance’s:
- Versatility: the appliance supports a wide variety of:
- Devices: smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
- Authentication methods: One-Time Password (OTP) hard tokens and soft tokens, Smart Cards, device IDs, adaptive authentication, fraud detection mechanisms, and Out-of-Band (SMS or email) OTP mechanisms for transaction level authentication.
- Applications: system, business, and cloud-based – such as Windows, Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle, Google Apps, etc.
- ActivID® Threat Detection Service: enables organizations to customize the solution to meet their specific requirements It can be used to identify access details, such as which computer users are connecting from, what browser they are using, and whether they have used it before, so you can determine whether a simple authentication is warranted or whether a two-factor should be used at that moment, based on your pre-defined rule set. This allows you to add security in a way that’s simple for you and invisible to the user.
- Interoperability: OATH-standards-based authentication
- Compliance: available as a FIPS-140-2 (Common Criteria) certified hardware appliance; helps organizations become compliant with the updated FFIEC guidance, PCI DSS and other online commerce/banking related legislations, policies and guidelines around the world.
- Security: the ActivID® Tokens last up to eight years and you can manage your own seed records to maintain full control over the protection of the cryptographic keys for added peace of mind.