ActivID® Authentication Appliance
for Secure Access to Cloud, Data and Online Services
HID Global’s ActivID® Appliance is used by enterprises and banks worldwide to secure access to networks, cloud applications and online services to prevent breaches and achieve compliance with the updated FFIEC guidance, PCI DSS and equivalent mandates, policies and guidelines.
The solution is ideal for:
- Organizations securing mobile employee remote access to networks and applications behind the firewall and in the cloud
- Organizaitons securing access to partner portals
- Governments, banks and healthcare providers securing access to online services for citizens, customers and patients
Organizations can reduce costs by deploying a single solution capable of handling a versatile range of authentication methods, enabling users to connect securely from any location, at any time via their preferred device.
The ActivID solution supports authentication with all leading mobile phones and tablets. Built-in support for open protocols ensures that it can be easily integrated into enterprise infrastructure, cloud based services and internet banking engines.
Available as a virtual appliance or as hardware, the ActivID Appliance strikes the perfect balance between security, flexibility, cost and convenience.
The ActivID® Authentication Appliance is the leading choice for organizations seeking a simple to deploy versatile multi-factor authentication engine.
Versatile: Supports a full range of multi-factor authentication methods include Device ID, hardware and software based One Time Password tokens, PKI credentials, Out of Band (SMS or email) codes, and static credentials such as passwords, PINs and Questions & Answers.
- Genuine HID® credentials supported by the Authentication Server include the ActivID OTP Tokens, ActivID DisplayCards, ActivID ActivKey SIM, ActivID Web Token, ActivID PC Token, ActivID Mobile tokens for iOS, Blackberry and Android, Crescendo cards and pivCLASS® cards.
- Provides ‘Out the box’ integration with the ActivID Threat Detection Service
- Supports third-party tokens compliant with the Oath algorithms
- Validation of transaction signatures generated using Oath OCRA and ActivID tokens
- Out of band transaction verification
Configurable: Supports different policies by authentication method, user group and access channel.
Interoperable: A full Web services based API, plus native support for SAML 2.0, RADIUS.
Secure: FIPS-140-2 (Common Criteria) certified Hardware Security Modules (HSM) for encryption of data-at-rest and signing of all audit logs. [optional]
Resilient: Redundant failover, enabling a pair of appliances to provide a highly available service, capable of scaling to hundreds of thousands of users.