for programming contactless credentials
The iCLASS SE® Encoder provides an ideal solution for encoding and managing credentials and configuring readers. The encoder makes it possible for end-users to add an additional layer of security to card credentials, independent of card technology.
Adding Secure Identity Objects (SIOs) to card credentials enhances overall system security by enabling cards and readers to establish that they are part of a trusted access control population. Both reader and device establish trust through mutual recognition of the SIO prior to permitting access. The system will deny access to any device that does not contain the SIO, such as cloned or other unauthorized credentials.
The iCLASS SE Encoder provides a flexible solution to easily facilitate migration from one card technology to another. The encoder accomplishes this by allowing users to simply extract the existing access control data from a credential and write the data to a new credential. Alternatively, users can first “wrap” the existing access control data in an SIO for higher security and then write the data back to the existing credential.
- Supports a wide variety of credential technologies including; iCLASS Seos®, iCLASS SE, iCLASS, MIFARE DESFire™ EV1, HID Prox and other technologies
- Enables upgrade from standard HID access control credentials to credentials secured with more secure HID Elite or user defined custom keys
- Programs Genuine HID or third-party credentials by downloading appropriate Encoder Credential Credits
- Manages custom data on contactless cards such as iCLASS Seos to enable third party applications (i.e. time and attendance)
- Available as either a desktop encoder or as an embedded solution within a FARGO® card printer
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.79" x 3.66" x 0.63" (71 mm x 93 mm x 16 mm)
- Weight: Approx. 3.53 oz / 100 g
- Power Requirements: Bus powered
- Operating temperature: 32°-158° F (0° - 70° C)
- Operating humidity: 10-90% Relative Humidity
- Host Interface: USB 2.0 CCID (also compliant with USB 1.1)
- Transmission speed: 12 Mbps (USB 2.0 full speed)
- Encode Credentials: iCLASS, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, MIFARE DESFire EV1, MIFARE CLASSIC, HID Prox