HID SAFE™ for Healthcare
Reduce infection risk and ensure patient and staff safety
Compliance & Integration
Healthcare Visitor Management
Healthcare organizations need to regulate the flow and access of patient, visitor, contractor and vendor populations to address security and infectious disease control needs.
HID’s Intelligent Patient Visitor Management (IPVM) solution allows organizations to improve the visitor and patient experience with flexible visitation capabilities that provide front desks with real-time information to properly identify patients and their locations.
Hospitals and patients can tailor visitation policies, allowing designations of pre-approved and disallowed visitors. Managing visitors at an individual location or across multiple campuses and facilities enables hospital security to:
- Increase front-desk efficiency and the overall visitor experience with self-service tools, such as check-in/check-out kiosks and web portals for inpatients, outpatients and immediate relatives
- Adhere to CDC, local health department, Joint Commission and HIPAA rules and regulations with consistent standard policies, audit attestation and out-of-the-box reporting
- Improve workplace safety with watch list notifications plus proactive prevention and reactive response capabilities
With SAFE, healthcare providers can streamline the visitor management and sign-in process and focus on delivering exceptional patient care — all while keeping their facility safe and secure.
Reduce Hospital Security Auditing Times and Ensure Compliance
Complying with local or national mandates — whether they relate to strict data privacy and protection requirements or patient, visitor and staff safety — requires solutions with configurable policies and workflows that enable consistent policy enforcement. By capturing and surfacing key information via standard or ad hoc reports, healthcare organizations can provide auditors and authorities with required documentation quickly and efficiently.
Read about HID SAFE’s ISO 27001 certification >>
Integrate With Systems Already in Use
Most existing systems in your security and identity environment can integrate with HID SAFE. Agents and APIs are available for applications and physical systems, including but not limited to:
- HL7-compliant interfaces
- Electronic health or medical record (EHR or EMR) systems — Epic, Cerner, Allscripts and Meditech
- Information technology (IT) systems — Microsoft Active Directory and single sign-on (SSO)
- Many others — physical access control systems, background checking services and watch lists
It’s simple to connect and streamline the tools you know and use today while providing room to grow and adapt to future needs.