The OCR310e is an optical character recognition (OCR) swipe reader module. Combining ultra-compact size and low-power consumption, the OCR310e is designed to be integrated into third-party, hand-held devices for applications such as portable identification verification devices.
An OCR magnetic swipe reader and decoder is integrated within the device using an advanced recognition engine to provide highly accurate and very fast identity document reading.
The OCR reading engine captures code lines from machine readable passports (MRP), visas (MRV), US and international resident permits as well as European and other national ID cards conforming to ICAO 9303 & ISO/IEC 7501-1 (2 and 3-line MRZ). It will also read the new ISO/IEC 18013-1 driving licenses (1-line MRZ), making it future-proofed.
In addition, APACS debit and credit documents (APACS standards 3.1 and 3.2, respectively) can be read together with E13B, OCRB and mixed E13B and OCRB fonts.
- Police identification checking
- Queue-busting at airport check-in
- Security checks at airport boarding gates
- AQQ and APIS generation and kiosks
- Miniature package: very compact design with low power consumption and sleep mode
- Fast and accurate: established OCR decoding technology ensures speed and accuracy
- Documents read: reads passports, visas and travel cards conforming to ICAO9303 and APACS debit/credit documents, E13B and OCRB font
- Simple integration: developer’s kit available and choice of serial or USB interfaces (CDC, HID or keyboard emulation)
- Intuitive use: bidirectional OCR read
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)||Standard OCR fonts: OCR-Bbr
Machine readable passports (MRP): 2 lines of 44 characters
Machine readable visas (MRV): 2 lines of 44 characters, 2 lines of 36 characters
ID documents: 1 line of 30 characters, 2 lines of 36 characters, 3 lines of 30 characters
MRZ swipe speed: up to 100cm/sec
OCR decoding: up to 0.3 seconds
Field of view object height: 19.6 mm nominal
Depth of field: 1.5 mm maximum from imager window
For more detailed specifications, please download the datasheet.