Here is its replacement product: HID iCLASS SE RK40
HID iCLASS RK40 Keypad Reader 6130
Using 13.56 MHz contactless smart card technology, the iCLASS® RK40 keypad smart card reader provides a powerful solution. Combine a contactless card presentation with a personal identification number (PIN) to support dual authentication of identity. Or, configure the panel for single-factor authentication, using only a card or a PIN.
The PIN can be verified either at the access control panel or locally by the keypad smart card reader. When verified locally, the PIN must be programmed into the iCLASS card.
Featuring crisp architectural styling, the keypad smart card reader has an elegantly curved faceplate. The 12-position weatherproof keypad uses discrete switches to provide positive tactile response, optionally reinforced by an audible tone. The keypad also features a waterproof silicone rubber boot, vandal-resistant metal keycaps, and backlit numbering.
- Format Portability - Upgrading is completely transparent since the same Prox format and user identification numbers are brought across to your future iCLASS credentials, including HID Corporate 1000 formats.
- Secure - All RF data transmission between the card and keypad smart card reader is encrypted using secure algorithms. Additionally, security is extended from the reader all the way to the Hi-O enabled access control panel using encrypted Hi-O communication.
- Interoperability - iCLASS is based on international ISO interoperability standards providing compatibility with many popular card technologies (ISO 15693, ISO 14443A and ISO 14443B).
- Optimal Read Range Performance - An auto-tuning feature automatically adjusts the keypad smart card reader for optimal read range performance on any mounting surface.
- OSDP Compliant - Bi-directional multi-dropped communication over RS485 link. For use only with OSDP compliant panels/hosts
Typical Maximum Read Range*
iCLASS® Card: Up to 4” (10.2 cm)
iCLASS Key/Tag: Up to 1.25” (3.2 cm)
MIFARE / DESFire Card (CSN): Up to 2” (5.1 cm)
3.3” x 4.8” x 1.1” (8.5 cm x 12.2 cm x 2.8 cm)
Card Compatibilities include:
Secure Data Read
- iCLASS 2kbits, 16kbits, 32kbits
- Inside Contactless PicoPass, PicoTag
- Philips DESFire. SmartMX™
13.56 MHz contaless smart cards
- ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials, serial number
- ISO 14443A - read only; MIFARE and DESFire® (serial number) iCLASS
- ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials, serial number
- US Government PIV (Rev B Reader Only)
- FeliCa IDm, CEPAS CAN/CSN (Transit Reader Only)
A variety of keypad outputs are available. Options include outputs of 4-bit, 8-bit (Dorado), 4-bit with parity, 26-bit output, 4-keys with parity and local pin verify.
*Dependent upon installation environment