HID® Sentry Cable Tag™ RFID Tags
Specialized tag for tracking cable assemblies
Rental companies in the audiovisual industry, but also in construction or IT, face the challenge of optimizing logistics and generating a reliable inventory and workflow around the cables they handle every day. Identifying cables with printed bar or QR codes is inefficient, since every barcode needs to be scanned manually within line of sight.
The PCB-based HID Sentry Cable tag has a low profile — just 2.8 mm tall — and a very small footprint of 36 mm x 11 mm. Despite this small package, it provides a read range of up to 20 ft (6 m) when mounted on insulated metal. The Sentry Cable tag fits perfectly in HID’s line of tag holders, deployed by companies that use large, expensive cable assemblies. The optimized read range of this latest generation product provides reliable reads even when cables are piled together for transport.
Sentry Cable tag holders are the most efficient way to mount Sentry RFID tags to cables of various dimensions.
Made of high-performance thermoplastic polyester resin, secured with industrial-quality screws and specifically designed for the Sentry Cable tag, these holders are designed to stand up to the harsh conditions to which cables are often subjected. From impact and pressure to temperature extremes, the cable tag holders keep an onboard RFID tag safe and secure — ensuring the data you need is always at your fingertips.
- High performance — Optimized for mounting on insulated metal
- Easy to fix — Professional cable fixation in various sizes and colors
- Rugged — Tolerates repeated exposure to high temperatures, vibration and impact
Learn more about HID Global's full line of RFID Technology Solutions.
- Utilizes latest Impinj M750 chipset, optimized for EU or US
- Reads distances up to 20ft / 6m
- Provides outstanding performance-to-size ratio with small footprint and low profile
- Cable holders available for different professional cable dimensions and colors
For more detailed specifications, please download the datasheet.