Barcode/NFC/RFID Ticket Validator
Key Applications & Features
The VAL050 Onboard Validator is designed for use in a variety of public transportation automatic-fare collection systems. It combines a proven multimedia ticket reader with an open architecture Linux computer to create a mobile ticket validator. Designed for straight forward and simple integration with third party software and an optional remote display, the VAL050 provides a truly flexible solution for applications, including ticket offices and vehicle fitment.
The validator combines barcode and NFC/RFID reading functionality to provide a single point of presentation for tickets and travel passes — whether presented on a paper ticket, smartcard or mobile phone.
The VAL050 is available with EMV Level 2 certification, allowing for applications where contactless payments are required. It offers PCI and SRED compliance for contactless payments using VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB and Discover payment processors.
- Ticket offices
- Trams and light rail
- General public use: robust design for long-term frontline use
- Intuitive: single point of presentation for barcodes & NFC/RFID tickets
- User feedback: LED user feedback to enhance passenger
- Audio feedback: programmable speaker to confirm ticket reads
- Easy read: optional remote displays available
- Any media: unique, optimized focal distance improves reading performance
- Simple installation: pole mount kit with quick release mechanism for easy access
- Software integration: Linux computer with a variety of peripheral hardware for integration with a wide range of ticket validation software
|Barcode Symbologies||Read Linear: EAN / UPC, Code 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, IATA 2 of 5, Code 39, Code 128
2D: PDF417, Aztec, DataMatrix and QR codes
Media types read: smartphone/tablet/smartwatch displays & paper tickets
|Contactless Reader||Supported media: ISO14443 type A and B cards (Java cards); max baud 424K (extendable to 848K) Mifare Ultralight (UL-C, UL-EV1), Mifare DESFire, Mifare Plus, Mifare Classic, Mifare SmartMX
Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
Operating distance: 2 in (40 mm)
|Contactless Payments||Integrated EMV L2 Payment Kernels with Level 2 Certification (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover)|