RFID Animal Tracking & Identification
Reliable, humane tracking for pets, livestock and laboratory animals.
Rugged, Contactless RFID Animal ID Tags
Field-proven, specialized tags and reader boards for livestock, pets and wild animals from the RFID tag leader. Track, verify, protect, prevent disease spread and cut costs while getting actionable insights to enable better decision-making and optimize operations.
End-to-End Automated RFID Livestock Tracking
We track from the pasture through procurement, from shipment and packing to inventory management and sanitation. Not only for animals, we also enable RFID tagging of hooks, dollies, trucks and crates to manage costs, cut losses and streamline processes — while increasing quality and safety.
HID designs and manufactures more than 50 million tags per month, offering a spectrum of tags for every need. They are field- and time-tested as an integral part of an Animal ID tracking system.
HID’s Animal ID Solution enablement features include:
- Rugged Quality — Will stand up to harsh conditions including rain, humidity, temperature extremes and physical wear
- Industry Standard — Fully compatible with other standardized components and systems, meeting all applicable standards and regulations
- Programmable — On-demand service to meet partner requirements
RFID Livestock Animal ID Systems
As commerce becomes increasingly global, the task of tracking and managing animals destined for food products becomes more critical and challenging. Animals may be transported over long distances, often mingling with livestock from different farms and exposed to diseases.
HID provides a full range of specialized RFID technologies for use in managing farm animals, including ear tags and ankle bands in low frequency or UHF, and glass tags or boluses. HID’s engineering team can also create custom tag solutions to fit your unique RFID animal identification application.
Glass Tags for Pets and Small Animals
HID Glass animal identification tags deliver consistent quality and reliability with patented DBond™ technology that enables exceptional size-to-performance ratios.
Standard units are enclosed in biocompatible glass, making these animal ID chips harmless to animals. The optional parylene coating improves and accelerates tissue adhesion, preventing the movement of tags implanted subcutaneously into pets, fish or laboratory animals.
Animal ID Chip and Embeddable RFID Tags
HID can create ideal RFID tag solutions or provide electronic architecture for the effective monitoring of any size or type of animal — including when identification is more optimally located within a band, tag or ring secured externally to the subject. Fully automated production processes ensure dependable attachment of the Animal ID Integrated Chip to the antenna for finished product reliability. Patented DBond™ technology also enables more compact tag designs and optimized read ranges.
Compliance and Security of Pets & Lab Animals
Secure identification of animals ensures the validity of research and identifies lost or stolen animals, aiding in their return. HID’s RFID Tag transponders record animals’ veterinary history, ensure proper care and prevent the spread of disease.
Implanted subcutaneously, the transponders perform reliably over the long term, minimizing the potential for errors or traumatic tag removal and replacement. This is an ideal solution in such cases as in the European Union, where chips are implanted under the skin of pets. Coupled with an EU pet passport, this permits the travel of animals across EU member states without quarantine.
HID offers sizes and shapes to fit any animal — from fish and small mammals to cats, dogs and horses. For tracking birds, small tags are embeddable in bird rings or bands. Durable small form factors with best-in-class read range performance have made HID ’s animal identification transponders a top choice for veterinary professionals.
HID On-Demand Programming
HID enables organizations of all sizes to focus on managing their businesses with pre-programmed tags to improve operational efficiency. Custom-programmed glass tags have flexible read-only or read-write capabilities, and they are delivered quickly and securely.
- Flexibility – Order quantities as few as 2,000 pieces per order
- Speed and Efficiency — Short order-to-delivery time frames. Minimum orders of 2,000 glass tags can be produced and delivered within ten days.
- Reliability – HID is the industry's trusted source for processing, managing and issuing custom RFID tags for the food and animal industries
- Security – Programming for on-demand services feature a secure procedure for managing UID numbers, as well as for receiving, storing and processing orders
- Accuracy – Receive secure transmission of on-demand history for all UID numbers and important programming data
- Transparency – Obtain transparency to ICAR certification requirements to assist in meeting regulatory requirements