R10 Reader 6100
iCLASS® smart card readers offer an open architecture design permitting compatibility with many of the most popular cards in the market, which comply with ISO 14443A, 14443B, and 15693 interoperability standards. Regional compatibilities include US Government PIVII (FIPS201),offering one of the most flexible smart card reader platforms available.
iCLASS smart card readers are user-friendly, delivering the same convenience and reliability of our Prox technology, for which HID is known worldwide, with state-of-the-art features, driven by evolving industry requirements.
Upgrading from Prox to iCLASS technology has never been so simple. All iCLASS smart card readers provide the same wiring connections, low-current consumption, and 5- or 12-volt operation as our Prox readers. Additionally, you can transfer your Prox format and user identification numbers to iCLASS credentials, making the change completely transparent to your access controller.
- Format Portability - Upgrading is completely transparent since the same Prox format and user identification numbers are brought across to your future iCLASS credentials, including HID Corporate 1000 formats.
- Secure -All RF data transmission between the card and reader is encrypted using secure algorithms. Additionally, security can be extended from the smart card reader all the way to the Hi-O enabled access control panel using encrypted Hi-O communication (Hi-O hardware option).
- Interoperability - iCLASS is based on international ISO interoperability standards providing compatibility with many popular card technologies (ISO15693, ISO14443A and ISO14443B).
- Security 64-bit authentication keys are extremely secure. Smart card readers and cards require matching keys to function.
- Key management is made easy! All cards are shipped with unique diversified keys, and smart card readers are shipped with compatible keys.
- Elite Custom Keys Custom keys provide the highest level of security, where cards and readers are uniquely matched to individual sites or customers, and are non-interchangeable.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
iCLASS® Card: Up to 3.25” (8.9 cm)
iCLASS Key/Tag: Up to 2.0"
Mifare / DESFire Card (CSN): Up to 2.0” (5.1 cm)
1.90" x 4.04" x .80" (4.83 cm x 10.26 cm x 2.03 cm)
Card Compatibilities include:
Secure Data Read
- iCLASS 2kbits , 16kbits, 32Kbits
- Inside Contactless PicoPass, PicoTag
- Philips DESFire. SmartMX™
- ISO15693: TI Tag-It, Philips I Code, Infineon myd o
- ISO14443A: Philips Ultralight, MIFARE, DESFire, SmartMX
- ISO14443B: Inside MicroPass, Calypso, ASK
- Sony FeliCa™ IDm (requires Transit reader p/n 6109)
- CEPAS CAN or CSN (requires Transit reader p/n 6109)
*Dependent upon installation environment