R90 Long Range Reader
Read Only • 6150
HID's iCLASS® Long Range Reader is ideal for installations incorporating parking control and long read range applications. The iCLASS Long Range Reader packages all the electronics in one rugged, attractive, and easy-to install housing.
Using the 13.56 MHz technology platform, the iCLASS R90 read only contactless smart card long range reader combines the longer read range of proximity with the power and heightened security of smart card technology, making it ideal for access control applications.
iCLASS smart readers and cards make access control more powerful, more versatile, and most importantly, offer enhanced security through encryption and mutual authentication.
At the same time, iCLASS is user-friendly, delivering the convenience, affordability, and reliability of proximity technology, for which HID is known worldwide.
Featuring crisp architectural styling, the reader has an elegantly curved faceplate. The high intensity LED provides clear, visual feedback even in direct sunlight. Distinct tone sequences indicate status conditions.
- Long read range distance (up to 18 inches or 45 centimeters).
- Auto tuning for more consistent read ranges.
- Reads all HID iCLASS and ISO15693 compatible (CSN) credentials.
- Use one reader to read standard proximity format data from HID iCLASS credentials.
- "Parking Hold" feature allows connection to a loop detector to ensure accurate detection of vehicles in parking lanes.
- With a multicolor LED and beeper which can be controlled internally or at host.
- Two R90 units can operate one meter apart for "HI-LO" truck and car installations.
- Wiegand output easily interfaces with most existing Wiegand protocol access control panels.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
17" - 18" (43.2 - 45 cm) with HID iCLASS 2k card
16" - 17" (40.6 - 43.2 cm) with HID iCLASS 16k and 32k cards
15" - 16" (38 - 40.6 cm) with HID iCLASS 16k and 32k cards with Prox technology
9" (22.9 cm) with HID iCLASS Key
9" (22.9 cm) with HID iCLASS Tag
*Dependent upon installation conditions.
Please note that all iCLASS credentials are available in either a 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) or 32k bit (4k Byte) configuration.
12" (30.48 cm) x 12" x 1.25" (3.175 cm)
Reads all HID iCLASS and ISO15693 compatible (CSN) credentials.