HID® ActivID™ Authentication Appliance
HID Global’s ActivID Authentication Appliance is used worldwide to secure access to critical infrastructure and data, so organizations can stay ahead of an ever-changing threat landscape without disrupting user workflow and productivity. The solution is easy to deploy and helps achieve compliance with industry mandates, policies and guidelines.
The ActivID Authentication Appliance supports multi-factor authentication with all leading mobile phones and tablets and provides a flexible platform that can grow with changing needs. Built-in support for open protocols ensures that it can be easily integrated into any enterprise infrastructure, cloud-based service and/or internet banking engine. It also supports advanced capabilities, such as the HID Approve™ app that enables mobile-based, out-of-band transaction verification and leverages mobile device “push” notification capabilities. Additionally, the HID Risk Management Solution is a threat and fraud detection solution that can enhance the functionality of the ActivID Authentication Appliance. Based on data analytics, it protects against traditional, as well as modern, threats targeting online and mobile banking, transaction systems and sensitive applications.
Available as a virtual appliance, the ActivID Appliance includes the perfect balance of security, flexibility, cost and convenience.
The ActivID Authentication Appliance is the leading choice for organizations seeking a simple-to-deploy, versatile multi-factor authentication engine.
Versatile: Supports a full range of multi-factor authentication methods including mobile push authentication with HID Approve, biometry (fingerprint and face recognition) hardware and software based One Time Password (OTP) tokens, PKI credentials, out-of-band (SMS or email) codes, and static credentials such as passwords, PINs and questions and answers.
- Provides convenient mobile-based, out-of-band transaction verification, leveraging the mobile device push notification capabilities of HID Approve.
- Supports genuine HID credentials including: ActivID OTP Tokens, ActivID ActivKey SIM, Crescendo® cards and pivCLASS® cards.
- Integrates seamlessly with HID Risk Management Solution enables adaptive step-up authentication and account take-over protection.
- Supports third-party tokens compliant with the OATH and FIDO
- Validates generated transaction signatures using OATH OCRA and PKI credentials.
- Ensures secure connectivity with out-of-band authentication via SMS One-Time Passcodes or email when other methods are not available.
Configurable: Supports different policies by authentication method, user group and access channel. Integrates a rule engine for adaptive authentication and an authorization module for enhanced access control.
Interoperable: Native support for SCIM, SAMLv2, OpenID Connect / OAuth2, proprietary web service-based API, and RADIUS.
Secure: Optionally uses FIPS-140-2 (Common Criteria) certified Hardware Security Modules (HSM) for encryption of data at rest and when signing all audit logs.
Resilient: Operates with redundant failover; enables a pair of appliances to provide a highly available service, capable of scaling to hundreds of thousands of users.