HID Global General Warranty Policy
(Version November 2021)
THIS HID GLOBAL GENERAL WARRANTY POLICY (“WARRANTY POLICY”) SETS FORTH THE WARRANTY TERMS GOVERNING ON-PREMISE SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE SOLD BY HID GLOBAL CORPORATION AND ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES (“HID”), EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH A CHANNEL PARTNER.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, ALL WARRANTIES ARE SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE END CUSTOMER. ANY PURCHASE FROM A THIRD PARTY THAT IS NOT AN HID APPROVED CHANNEL PARTNER SHALL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN THE EVENT PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTIES APPLICABLE ONLY TO CERTAIN HID OFFERINGS (“PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS”) APPLY, THE PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS SHALL GOVERN IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THIS WARRANTY POLICY OR A GENERAL WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN AND THE PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS. PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS, IF ANY, WILL BE INCLUDED WITH THE DOCUMENTATION.
HID RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THIS WARRANTY POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND THEREAFTER, IT SHALL APPLY TO ALL SUBSEQUENT ORDERS. ALL TERMS NOT DEFINED HEREIN SHALL HAVE THE MEANING SET FORTH IN THE HID GLOBAL HARDWARE AND ON-PREMISE SOFTWARE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LOCATED AT: HTTPS://WWW.HIDGLOBAL.COM/SALES-POLICY.
HID RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPROVE/MODIFY HID OFFERINGS AT ANY TIME, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, AS IT DEEMS NECESSARY.
A. On-Premise Software and Hardware Warranties
- General Limited Warranty
- Software Warranty. HID warrants that for a period of ninety (90) days from the earlier of the date the software is delivered to End Customer or downloaded by End Customer (“Warranty Period”): (i) the media on which the software is recorded will be free from material defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, and (ii) the software will perform substantially in accordance with the then-current Documentation, provided that such software is properly used by End Customer in accordance with such Documentation and the End User License Agreement. For clarity, software embedded as firmware or otherwise integrated into a hardware HID Offering is not separately warranted and subject to the warranty applicable to the hardware HID Offering.
- Hardware Warranty. HID warrants that the hardware will be free from material defects in materials and workmanship and will substantially conform to the applicable Documentation in effect as of the date of manufacture for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment by HID (“Warranty Period”). This warranty does not apply to integrated hardware components. Notwithstanding, if the HID Offering is an integrated hardware component purchased by a Channel Partner authorized to act as an OEM, the warranty shall apply to the Purchaser instead of the End Customer.
- Select Warranty Periods. Exhibit A lists the “Warranty Period” for the HID Offerings specified therein. If a HID Offering is not listed in Exhibit A, such HID Offering will be subject to the general warranty terms above.
CUSTOMER’S sole and exclusive remedies for Product warranty claims pursuant to this Warranty Policy are as follows:
- General Remedies.
- Software. HID’s sole and exclusive liability and End Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy under the software limited warranty shall be to, at HID’s election, either: (i) replacement of the media if defective, or (ii) use commercially reasonable efforts to repair or replace the software to make the software perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying Documentation. In the event HID is unable to remedy the non-conformity and such non-conformity materially affects the functionality of the software, End Customer may promptly terminate the license applicable to the non-conforming software and return such software and any applicable Documentation to HID or Channel Partner, as applicable. In such event, End Customer will receive a refund of the license fee received by HID with respect to such software, less the value of use to date. Any replacement software will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, or for thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
- Hardware. HID’s sole and exclusive liability and End Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy under the hardware limited warranty shall be to, at HID’s election, either: (i) repair the hardware; (ii) replace the hardware with new or refurbished hardware (replacement hardware being of identical model or functional equivalent - replacement parts may be new or equivalent to new); or (iii) provide to End Customer a credit towards End Customer’s future purchase of hardware from HID in the amount received by HID for the hardware (excluding taxes and levies). Any replacement hardware will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, or for ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. Notwithstanding, if the HID Offering is an integrated hardware component purchased by a Channel Partner authorized to act as an OEM, the remedy shall apply to the Purchaser instead of the End Customer.
- The above remedies are available only if HID is promptly notified in writing within the Warranty Period. After the applicable Warranty Period has expired, any repair, replacement or workaround services provided by HID will be at HID’s current standard service rates.
C. Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Policy
For the product-specific RMA policy, refer to the Product-Specific Support Terms located at: https://www.hidglobal.com/support.
For clarity, postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in presenting hardware for warranty service is End Customer’s sole responsibility.
D. Warranty Exclusions
- All warranties are VOID if HID Offerings have been: (i) improperly installed by anyone other than HID or where the serial numbers, warranty data or quality assurance decals on the hardware are removed or altered; (ii) used in a manner other than as authorized under the Documentation applicable to the HID Offering or designed to circumvent the security of the HID Offering; (iii) not installed, operated or maintained in accordance with the instructions supplied by HID, including but not limited to the installation, operation or maintenance of the HID Offerings on any hardware, operating system or tools (including their specific configurations) that are not compatible with the HID Offerings; (iv) modified, altered or repaired by a party other than HID or a party authorized by HID; (v) combined and/or connected to any hardware, operating system or tools (including their specific configurations) not provided by HID or otherwise authorized by HID for integration or use with the HID Offerings; (vi) operated or maintained in unsuitable environmental conditions, or by any other cause external to the HID Offering or otherwise beyond HID’s reasonable control, including any extreme power surge or failure or electromagnetic field, rough handling during transportation, fire or acts of God; (vii) used with telecommunication interfaces other than those supplied or approved by HID which do not meet or are not maintained in accordance with the Documentation, unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing within the scope of the Agreement; (viii) damaged due to failure of power, air conditioning or humidity control, or failures of storage media not furnished by HID; (ix) subjected to accident, neglect, misuse or negligence of Purchaser, End Customer, its employees, agents, contractors, visitors or any other third party, or operator error; or (x) used in criminal activity or in violation of any applicable regulations or governmental standards.
- Upgrades are not covered under any warranty and are subject to independent pricing and terms and conditions, as deemed applicable by the nature of the upgrade activity
- HID Offerings provided as part of an evaluation, demo, or proof of concept are not covered under any warranty and are subject to independent pricing and terms and conditions, as deemed applicable by the nature of the activity.
- Components that by their nature are subject to general wear and tear in the course of normal use are not subject to any warranty.
- For clarity, the following is a non-exhaustive listing of items excluded from warranty coverage: (i) ancillary equipment not furnished by HID which is attached to or used in conjunction with a HID Offering; (ii) Tags/Inserts that are embedded into other products; (iii) products manufactured by third parties and resold by HID without re-marking under HID’s trademarks; (iv) software products not developed by HID; (v) operating supplies or accessories outside the parameters designated in the Documentation or elsewhere; and (vi) consumable items (e.g. batteries, paper, silicon pads, cleaning solution, towels, printer cartridges and cables).
Further, HID warranty is null and void upon the embedding of Contact Smart Chip Modules/iCLASS SE Reader Modules/iCLASS SE Processors/Reader Modules/Reader Boards/Code Strips/Tags/Inserts Lumidigm/DigitalPersona/TouchChip/EikonTouch fingerprint devices into other products unless precautions and recommendations provided in applicable product data sheets, application notes and Developer guides are followed.
- This warranty is VOID if the HID Offering is misused, altered, tampered with or is installed or used in a manner that is inconsistent with HID’s written recommendations, specifications and/or instructions, or fails to perform due to normal wear and tear.
E. Warranty Limitations and Disclaimer
IN NO EVENT SHALL HID, ITS AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE HID OFFERINGS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BREACH, GOODWILL, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION AND THE LIKE), EVEN IF HID OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE HID OFFERINGS ARE SOLD “AS IS”. HID, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR FROM USAGE OF TRADE. HID DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE HID OFFERINGS MEET END CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, WITHOUT DOWNTIME, WITHOUT DATA LOSS, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, NEITHER HID NOR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE HID OFFERINGS OR DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY HID OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
The foregoing limitations and exclusions apply to the extent permitted by applicable law in End Customer’s jurisdiction. If applicable law limits the application of the provisions of this Section, HID’s liability will be limited to the maximum extent permissible.
Select Warranty Periods
The following HID Offerings offer a Lifetime Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
Physical Access Control Readers:
- HID Signo® Readers
- HID iCLASS® SE Readers
- HID multiCLASS® SE Readers
- HID pivCLASS Contactless Readers
- HID iCLASS® Readers
- HID multiCLASS® Readers
- HID Proximity Readers
- HID MIFARE® Enabled Readers
- HID Proxima Readers
- HID Indala® Readers
Credentials (Identified with any “HID” branded logo or manufactured by HID):
- iCLASS® SEOS™ Credentials
- HID iCLASS® SE Credentials
- HID iCLASS® Credentials
- HID UHF Credentials
- HID Proximity Credentials
- HID MIFARE® / DESFire® Enabled Credentials
- HID Enabled Credentials with HITAG technology
- HID Enabled Credentials with LEGIC® technology
- Dorado by HID Proximity Cards / Keyfobs
- HID Proxima Cards
- HID Indala® FlexPass™ Cards, Tags, Transponders and Key Fobs
The following HID Offerings offer a 90 Day Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- HID Embedded smart cards (cards not showing an “HID” logo)
The following HID Offerings offer a 6 Month Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- Omni-ID Solo tag
- Omni-ID Pipe tag
The following HID Offerings offer a One Year Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- pivCLASS Contact LCD & pivCLASS Contact LCD Biometric Readers (RKCL40, RPKCL40, RKCLB40, RPKCLB40)
- CP1000 iCLASS SE Encoder
- HID Industrial Tags
- HID Tags for Animal Identification
- HID Credentials for Cashless Payment Applications
- ActivID® Authentication Appliance
- ActivID® CMS Appliance
- ActivID® Responder Appliance
- ActivID® Soft Tokens
- ActivID® ActivKey USB Tokens
- Display Tokens
- One Time Password Tokens
- Print Ribbons and HDP Films
- PolyGuard™ Overlaminates and Thermal Transfer Overlaminates
- UltraCard™ Cards
- Cleaning Kits for HID Card Printers
- HID ELEMENT Printer
- iCLASS® SE Reader Modules and accessories
- Indala® Proximity OEM Modules
- Indala® Core Electronic Modules
- HID Prox OEM Modules
- HID OMNIKEY®, Multi-ISO, MIFARE® Easy, and Multi-Tag Reader Boards
- iCLASS® SE Processors
- HID OMNIKEY® 5127CK Reader Core
- HID OMNIKEY® 5127CK Mini Reader Board
- Lumidigm® branded fingerprint devices
- DigitalPersona™ branded single fingerprint devices
- TouchChip™ branded fingerprint devices
- EikonTouch® branded fingerprint devices
- Consignment Inventory Smart Cards (on FP and Contact Chip)
The following HID Offerings offer an 18 Month Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- VertX® Networked Access Solutions
- Edge® Networked Access Solutions
- iCLASS SE RB25F Biometric Reader
- HID Signo 25B Biometric Reader
The following HID Offerings offer a Two Year Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- C50 Printer
- Printer Laser Engraver
- vanGO Laser Writer
- HID Aero™ - Intelligent Controllers and IO Modules
- iCLASS SE, multiCLASS SE and pivCLASS Accessories
- iCLASS SE U90 Reader
- Indala® Accessories
- HID OMNIKEY® Housed Readers
- HID OMNIKEY 5127CK Mini Reader Board with Industrial Housing
- SmartTRANS® ISO 14443-4 Mifare®
- DESFire® or PIVII and SmartTRANS® ISO 14443-4 Mifare®DESFire® or PIVII with Keypad
The following HID Offerings offer a Three Year Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- HID FARGO Connect Console
- HDPii Plus Printer
- HDP600ii Printer
- HDP5000 Printer
- HDP6600 Printer
- HDP8500 Printer
- DTCii Printer
- DTCii Plus Printer
- DTC1250e Printer
- DTC1500 Printer
- DTC4250e Printer
- DTC4500e Printer
- DTC5500LMX Printer
- Omni-ID P400, P400X
- Omni-ID Prox Rigid Case tag
- Omni-ID EXO 600
- EXO 800
- Adept 500
- Omni-ID Flex Rigid Case tag
- Omni-ID Max Rigid Case tag
- Omni-ID EXO 750 tag
- Omni-ID EXO 600 tag
- Omni-ID EXO 800 tag
- Omni-ID Max HD tag
- Omni-ID DURA 1500 tag
- Omni-ID Ultra tag
- Omni-ID Dura 3000 tag
The following HID Offerings offer a Five Year Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- Crescendo® Contact / Contactless smart cards
- HID Embedded Contact / Contactless smart cards (Identified with any “HID” branded logo or manufactured by HID)
- HID AC Series Controllers (ACW2-XN, AC) and Door Module (AW2)
The following HID Offerings offer a Ten Year Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
- pivCLASS® Smart Card Series Dual Interface smart cards
Additional Warranty Terms and Exclusions
Tags used in waste management applications which offer a 7 Year Warranty Period. Refer to “RFID Solutions for Waste Management” brochure on www.hidglobal.com.
MIFARE, MIFARE DESFire and HITAG are trademarks of NXP B.V. and are used under license.