HID Global Mission
HID Global is the trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world and is committed to enhancing customer value by delivering the most trusted, advanced and dependable secure identity solutions in the market.
Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is focused on creating customer value and is the supplier of choice for a variety of markets that include physical access control; logical access control including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID, industry and logistics applications. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global Customers
HID Global is dedicated to ensuring that when customers purchase Genuine HID products and solutions, they are purchasing absolute confidence in performance, value and service. HID Global's products, solutions and services are exclusively sold through a well-established network of OEMs, developers, systems integrators and distributors worldwide. End-users of HID Global solutions include many Fortune 1000 customers as well as businesses and organizations in virtually all industry sectors, including government, healthcare, retail, industrial, commercial, airports/ports, finance and education.
HID Global Partnerships
HID Global’s RFID and contactless technologies lead the way for strategic partners to use Genuine HID technology to create innovative solutions that enable end-users to “do more than open the door”. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global also is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers whose goal is to cost-effectively and conveniently solve enterprise business problems by extending the use of a single secure credential.
HID Global Locations
HID Global is headquartered in Irvine, California and has over 2,100 employees worldwide with international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global has production facilities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, as well as research and development centers all over the world.
Products and Technologies
Identity and Access Management
- Physical Access Control
- Identity Assurance Solutions
- Secure Issuance Solutions
- Government-to-Citizen ID Solutions
- Visitor Management
- HID Connect® Partner Solutions
HID Global’s physical access control solutions provide the most extensive line of powerful, versatile and secure access control readers and credentials in the industry, while providing guaranteed card to reader interoperability with existing or future products and services. Consisting of leading brands including iCLASS®, SmartID™, HID Prox and Indala® Prox, HID's access control readers and credentials feature low-frequency (125 kHz), high-frequency (13.56 MHz) and multi-technology RFID solutions.
Winner of multiple awards such as the CARTES SESAME, ASIS Accolades and the Security Industry Association awards New Product Showcase awards for innovation, HID’s iCLASS SIO™-Enabled (iCLASS SE) platform extends physical access control beyond traditional cards and readers by enabling the use of multiple form factors such as NFC smartphones and other devices while increasing overall system security. HID Global’s networked access solutions include VertX® controllers and EDGE® IP-based access control hardware that are designed to meet the demands of open architecture, IP-centric environments.
Through its ActivIdentity® brand, HID Global offers an integrated logical access control portfolio consisting of strong authentication, credential management and single-credential solutions that enable enterprise, financial services and government customers to meet their security and compliance requirements with the industry’s broadest range of identity assurance solutions. HID Global also offers the widest portfolio of innovative plug-and-play PC/SC OMNIKEY® smart card readers in the industry.
HID Global’s secure issuance solutions provide the most comprehensive array of FARGO® printer/encoders for custom card personalization, from creating high-quality color photo IDs to encoding smart cards. Solutions include our extensive Direct-to-Card (DTC) and High Definition Printing™ (HDP®) printer/encoder portfolios, along with a complete line of visual security products and accessories.
HID Global’s government-to-citizen ID solutions provide advantages over traditional paper-based documents, such as more cost-effective administration, faster and easier verification, greater durability, increased data privacy and greater protection against counterfeiting.
The portfolio includes e-documents, readers, inlays, prelaminates, LaserCard® optical security media (OSM), embedded hologram technology, card personalization solutions and smart card ID credentials for e-passport, national ID, foreign resident, worker ID and vehicle registration programs.
HID Global’s suite of EasyLobby visitor management solutions provide comprehensive, enterprise-class visitor registration, badge printing, tracking, reporting, asset and package management, web-based pre-registration and employee/contractor time and attendance. HID’s EasyLobby solutions are also tightly integrated with the most popular access control systems in addition to human resources and other systems.
HID Global’s embedded solutions combine our strength in secure credentialing with partner solutions to solve business problems by extending the use of a single credential. HID Connect® partner solutions using Genuine HID Technology™ include biometrics, mobile access, secure print authentication and electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in addition to a wide array of other applications.
For contactless and contact-based, EMV-compliant and proprietary financial transactions systems, HID Global offers smart card and RFID products and services, including MasterCard PayPass® certified and Visa® contactless compliant products.
HID Global’s Managed Services offerings provide Genuine HID™ quality and design expertise using industry best practices as well as worldwide coverage that delivers end-to-end solutions for our customers.
- Identity on Demand™ Card Services that provide the global know-how, tools, delivery services, speed and ongoing support needed to ensure the success of the most demanding credential program by eliminating the tedious coordination that comes with managing large volume, advanced badging and reissuance projects.
- Mobile Access Services that provide the industry expertise, speed and services to activate, certify and validate secure digital credentials on Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled mobile phones for access control and other applications in large volume projects.
- Industry and Logistics
HID Global has extensive experience in secure, contactless technology including transponders and reader module solutions. HID offers a broad portfolio of field-proven RFID tags across diverse industrial vertical markets, including asset tracking and logistics, waste management, animal ID, retail and manufacturing and healthcare. All tags incorporate read-write capability in device memory so that the tags’ stored data can be actively updated or read, ultimately improving business performance through tracking or quality control.
HID Global Company History
- 1991: Formed as Hughes Identification Devices, a subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft
- 1995: Became a subsidiary of Palomar Technological Companies; changed name to HID Corporation
- 1996: Acquired Sensor Engineering, adding Wiegand products
- 2000: Acquired by ASSA ABLOY
- 2001: HID acquired Motorola's Indala RFID access control business
- 2003: Acquired the card and reader business of Dorado Products, Inc.
- 2006: Acquired Fargo Electronics and merged with Indala to form HID Global
- 2006: Merger of HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology (ITG)
- 2007: Acquired Integrated Engineering, adding flexible MIFARE-based reader technology
- 2010: Acquired ActivIdentity, a global leader in identity assurance
- 2011: Acquired Lasercard, leading provider of secure ID solutions
- 2012: Acquired EasyLobby, the industry leader in secure visitor management solutions
- 2013: Acquired Codebench, a leader in physical security identity management particularly for the government sector
- 2014: Acquired IdenTrust, a leader in trusted identity solutions recognized by financial institutions, government agencies and businesses around the world