of access control and secure identity solutions, HID offers solutions that focus on issues faced by health care facility management.
With multiple hospital sites, thousands of physicians on medical staffs and numerous employees, health groups are organizations that have high needs for access control, information management and facility management systems. Within the last decade, a heightened awareness of patient privacy, medical records (HIPAA) and controlled access has necessitated a complete re-evaluation of facility management.
Health care industry leaders turn to HID to enhance facility security by controlling access to secure areas like nurseries, pharmacies and medical supply areas. As a world leading supplier of access control and secure identity solutions, HID offers solutions that focus on issues faced by health care facility management.
Basic magnetic stripe cards that were used for time & attendance are now being upgraded to multiple application smart cards. This provides facilities with secure access control, IT logon, cafeteria POS and other applications from a single card. By utilizing the numerous HID third-party application providers, facilities are able to use HID cards for diverse identity-driven applications.
World leaders in medical technology see the forward-thinking value in implementing innovative technologies and solutions to improve patient care and enhance operational efficiency. As technology-focused businesses, leaders in health care are drawn to HID solutions. With the ability to integrate the security system into a customer's IT network and HR system, HID solutions enable administrative simplification of a facility's HR process.
With HID technology in place, health care providers can maintain their dedication and pledge to serving people.
Solutions for the Health Care Industry
HID smart card solutions deliver information security, easy operation and HIPAA compliance for health care organizations. The following is a list of HID solutions tailored to the health care Industry.
- Manage your card population by joining HID’s Corporate 1000 program. For more information, visit Corporate 1000 program.
- Turn to HID third-party application providers to “do more than open the door” in your facility (IT logon, cafeteria, long range parking solutions and more). For more information, visit the HID connect web site.
- Use migration readers to upgrade to more secure cards. For more information, see the Upgrade Solutions web page.
- Choose from a variety of form factors and configurations. For more information, see the HID reader products web page.
- Deploy long range parking solutions from HID to provide employees access to parking lots.
- Choose from a variety of networked solutions provided by HID and its access control system partners.
In early 2009, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, or HITECH Act, was signed into law as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The HITECH Act adds notification requirements for health information security breaches and implements new data security standards and procedures for electronic health records (EHR).