HID TripTick™ 220
Barcode, NFC and cEMV Reader
Key Applications & Features
The state-of-the-art TripTick 220 barcode and NFC/RFID reader includes contactless EMV payment capability. The TripTick 220 offers EMV Level 2 certification, allowing for applications where contactless payment systems are required. It offers PCI and SRED compliance for contactless payments using VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB and Discover schemes. (View the ATR220 certification or visit the PCI website.) In addition, the device also offers the reading of 1D/2D barcodes and RFID/NFC tickets and tokens from mobile phones, tablets, wearables, contactless cards and paper in any orientation.
TripTick offers operators the ultimate no-nonsense installation. Its small footprint, low profile, slot-in design enables easy integration into kiosks, ticket machines, turnstiles and access gates. Furthermore, its rugged water-resistant construction with no moving parts, enables it to withstand years of indoor and outdoor public access use.
An option for Power over Ethernet (PoE) allows installation without a dedicated power supply. The barcode scanning and ticket reading device is also capable of RS422 connection at up to 1500m.
TripTick retains the key aspects of the size and shape of our proven LSR116 and LSR118 products, however its design delivers a significantly increased active scan area to further improve its barcode and ticket reading performance. TripTick’s optimized imaging ensures read reliability and high-speed performance capturing and decoding of all popular linear, PDF417 and 2D symbologies.
- Ticket validation for public transport, car parking, stadiums and events
- Financial and other self-service kiosks
- Retail POS terminals
- Casino and TITO gaming machines
- Contactless payments: works with all popular contactless cards and is cEMV - L2 Certification (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover) and PCI SRED - V5.0
- Barcode reading: reads 2D, PDF417 and linear barcode symbologies
- Low profile: only 36.9mm high with a single cable connection to host computer
- IP67 sealed: front face sealed for integration into indoor/outdoor kiosks and gates
- Reads any media: optimized focal distance design improves read performance for all media
- Designed for frontline use: LED user feedback for intuitive use and uprated UltraGlass® option for extreme environments
- Connection options: USB (HID, serial or keyboard), RS232, RS485, Ethernet interface options
- Power over Ethernet: option
|Barcode Symbologies||Read Linear: EAN. UPC, Code 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, IATA 2 of 5, Code 39, Code 128
2D: PDF417, Aztec, DataMatrix and QR codes
Media types read: Smartphone/tablet/smartwatch displays & paper tickets
|Contactless Reader||Supported media: ISO14443 type A and B cards (Java cards); max baud 424K (extendable to 848K) MIFARE Ultralight (UL-C, UL-EV1), MIFARE DESFire, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE SmartMX
Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
Operating distance: 40 mm
|Contactless Payments||Integrated EMV L2 Payment Kernels with Level 2 Certification (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover) PCI SRED - V5.0|
For more detailed specifications, please download the datasheet.