The AKB500 keyboard integrates Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Magnetic Swipe Reader (MSR) functionality to deliver a solid, multi-function device with a compact footprint that quickly establishes customer identity.
This magnetic swipe reader keyboard is ideal for airline passenger check-in and card reading, retail/point of sale (POS) terminals and security environments.
One of the key features of the AKB500 is the placement of the read camera at the center of the read slot, allowing for bidirectional reading within the footprint of the device and saving valuable desk space.
The identity document reader keyboard can be adapted to add a new host or to support non-standard cards, such as loyalty or frequent flyer and special dedicated formats.
To ensure flexibility for the future, new firmware can be downloaded to the keyboard to add and modify features.
- Travel and Transportation: Check-in counters, Boarding gate counters, Security desks
- Retail: Point of sale terminals, Security desks
- Hospitality: Reception counters
- Standard Layout: 104-key US
- Reliable: Cherry mechanical key switches rated at 50 million operations
- Robust: Rugged design with steel chassis
- Flexible: Virtual serial RS-232 or keyboard wedge modes and an auxiliary RS-232 port
- OCR Reader: Reads MRTD including passports and visas conforming to ICAO 9303 as well as ID, resident alien and green cards
- Magnetic Swipe Reader: Accepts ISO 1-, 2- and 3-track cards to ISO7811/2-5
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)||Standard OCR fonts: OCR-B
Machine readable passports (MRP): 2 lines of 44 characters, Machine readable visas (MRV): 2 lines of 44 characters, 2 lines of 36 characters
Travel documents: 2 lines of 36 characters, 3 lines of 30 characters
|MSR (Magnetic Stripe Reading)||Processing time: manual swipe processing/read less than 1 second
Card type: magnetic cards per ISO7810, ISO7811, AAMVA and custom data
Read capability: magnetic stripe 1-, 2- or 3-track of low or high coercivity (300-4000 Oe)
Swipe speed: 5 to 55 inches/second
Magnetic head life: >500,000 swipes
Read error rate: <0.5%
For more detailed specifications, please download the datasheet.