HID Crescendo Smart Card Series
High security authentication smart card with support for FIDO, PKI, OATH and physical access technologies
Crescendo Smart Cards
Crescendo® provides organizations with seamless and secure employee authentication, ensuring that only authorized people can access sensitive information. Crescendo smart cards can be used as a corporate badge that protects access to both facilities and digital enterprise resources. Designed to be easy and fast to deploy, Crescendo smart cards are FIDO2 certified and support proven standards such as PIV and PKI, enabling organizations to adopt Zero Trust security approach that evolves with security standards, technologies and industry regulations.
The Crescendo smart card series from HID® Global provides the following benefits.
Seamlessly Secures Any Use Case
- Effortless compliance while protecting on-premise and cloud-based enterprise resources with strong authentication ensures secure access to:
- IT networks, systems and SSO
- Online applications using FIDO without having to install any software
- Personal computers and shared workstations using Crescendo smart card or security key (USB-A, USB-C, NFC)
- Digital signature, enabling users to verify the provenance of emails and documents
- Data encryption allowing only authorized users to access sensitive information
- Secure printing to ensure confidentiality and guarantee stronger data protection
Offers Converged Corporate Badge
- A converged corporate badge allows the use of one single smart card for visual identity, network, cloud authentication and physical access.
- Two different interfaces are available to support your dynamic needs: a dual (contact and contactless) interface configuration and/or an iCLASS® contactless interface
Supports Future-Proof Multi-Protocol Standards
- Support for multiple security standards such as FIDO, OATH, PKI and Seos® enable the highest level of security
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 certification is in alignment with the recommendations of NIST Digital Identity Guidelines
A key element within HID Global’s identity and access management multi-factor authentication ecosystem, Crescendo can be used in stand-alone mode or centrally managed by ActivID® Credential Management System. It works in combination with ActivClient® middleware as well as both cloud-based and on-premise multi-factor authentication software.
HID Global’s multi-factor authentication portfolio – comprising Crescendo, DigitalPersona® and HID WorkforceID™ Authentication – helps organizations improve their security posture, comply with mandates and enhance user experience.
Start a free Crescendo trial >>
HID Smart Card Specifications
The HID Crescendo smart card product line implements the following industry standards:
- FIDO2 certified, compatible with W3C Web Authentication implemented by all major web browsers; Microsoft-compatible security key
- FIPS201/PIV compatible, provides interoperability for PKI/digital certificates
- GlobalPlatform® remote secure management capability
- Seos®, Indala Prox, MIFARE DESFire EV1 and MIFARE Classic physical access technologies
In addition, Crescendo smart cards support the following security services:
- Authentication: FIDO2/WebAuthn and U2F; PIV authentication – RSA 2048 and ECC p256 and ECC p384; OATH (optional) HOTP and TOTP – SHA1 / SHA-256 / SHA-512
- Signature: PIV signature – RSA 2048 and ECC p256 and ECCp384 with X.509 certificates OATH-OCRA (optional) Test Suites
- Encryption: PIV Key Exchange – RSA 2048 and ECCp256 and ECC p384 with X.509 certificates
- Content Management: AES-128 data encryption
Crescendo Contact/Contactless Smart Card
Works with ISO-7816 contact smart card readers, ISO-14443 (NFC) contactless smart card readers, and supports FIPS 140-2 Level 3 security certification for the card platform.
Crescendo Contactless Smart Card
Supports ISO-14443 (NFC) contactless smart card readers and iCLASS 32K for physical access.
Crescendo 144K Hybrid Card
Crescendo 144K is a hybrid card with United States National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST FIPS 140-2 certification. Available with a choice of Seos, iCLASS, MIFARE Classic or MIFARE DESFire physical access with optional HID or Indala Prox.
Learn more and chat with an expert >>