The VAL100 onboard validator is designed for use in a variety of public transportation automatic-fare collection systems. It combines a proven multimedia ticket reader with an open architecture Linux computer to create a mobile ticket validation solution when combined with third party software.
The validator combines barcode and NFC/RFID reading functionality to provide a single point of presentation for tickets and travel passes – whether presented on a paper ticket, smartcard or mobile phone.
The VAL100, when fitted with the HID TripTick ATR220, is available with EMV Level 2 certification, allowing for applications where contactless payments are required. It offers PCI and SRED compliance for con-tactless payments using VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB and Discover payment processors.
The VAL100 has also successfully undergone a robust evaluation process to achieve Calypso standard compliance.
- Trams and light rail
- General public use: robust design for long-term frontline use
- Intuitive: single point of presentation for barcodes, NFC/RFID tickets and contactless payments
- User feedback: LED and audio feedback to enhance passenger experience
- Easy read: large, clear 480 x 272 TFT LCD color screen
- Contactless payments: integrated EMV L2 Payment Kernels with Level 2 Certification (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover, Interac)
- Any media: unique, optimized focal distance improves reading performance
- Simple installation: pole mount kit with quick release mechanism for easy access and option for platform installation available
- Software integration: Linux computer with a variety of peripheral hardware for integration with a wide range of ticket validation software
- Calypso certified: achieved the requirements as stated in the Calypso specifications.
|Barcode Symbologies||Read Linear: EAN / UPC, Code 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, IATA 2 of 5, Code 39, Code 128
2D: PDF417, Aztec, DataMatrix and QR codes
Media types read: smartphone/tablet/smartwatch displays & paper tickets
|Contactless Reader||Supported media: ISO14443 type A and B cards (Java cards); max baud 424K (extendable to 848K) MIFARE Ultralight (UL-C, UL-EV1), MIFARE DESFire, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE SmartMX
Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
Operating distance: 40 mm
|Contactless Payments||Integrated EMV L2 Payment Kernels with Level 2 Certification (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover, Interac) PCI SRED - V5.0|