HID® U.ARE.U™ Camera Identification System
The HID U.ARE.U Camera Identification System is an edge device that delivers top-performing face recognition for identification and verification use cases.
Collaborating with Paravision, a leader in trusted Vision AI, our facial recognition system is trained using an extensive, ethically sourced dataset across a wide number of racial and age characteristics to reduce matching bias. Paravision’s matching algorithm consistently excels in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Facial Recognition Vendor Test (FRVT) — earning the highest rankings for performance and accuracy.
With distinctive AI-enhanced multispectral imaging (MSI) technology and advanced presentation attack detection (PAD), the U.ARE.U Camera Identification System operates with accuracy and reliability even in challenging lighting conditions, while preventing fraud attempts in unattended use cases.
The camera performs capture, matching, identification, verification and liveness detection at the edge. This on-device biometric processing feature reduces bandwidth constraints, improves performance and enhances privacy — delivering a superior user experience.
- Combined HID-patented multispectral imaging (MSI) technology with artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver impeccable performance
- Top NIST Face Recognition Vendor Test (FRVT) ranking in performance and accuracy
- Ethically trained and built AI to reduce matching bias
- Industry-leading PAD to thwart spoof attempts
- High matching performance amid challenging lighting conditions
- Automatic face detection, capture and image quality checks — even when wearing masks
- On-device biometric processing with endpoint security for maximum protection
- Integrated multispectral camera system
- Automatic face detection, capture and image quality checks
- Face template extraction and match
- 3D structured depth projection
- Does not require external light source
- Presentation attack detection conforming to ISO 30107-1 standard
- Match on device with local identification database
- Neural processing unit for fast and reliable operation
- Unattended operation
- Multi-face detection
- Continuous authentication
- Compact module available for fast integration